[scribus] question

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sat Aug 24 18:50:56 UTC 2013

On Sat, 24 Aug 2013 13:43:21 -0400
john Culleton <John at wexfordpress.com> dijo:

>Decades ago some text editors stored multiple editions of a file, but
>the later editions were just the additions and subtractions, the
>deltas if you like, from the last version. You could always
>back up to any of a number of versions. Univac 1108 had such an editor.
>The *nix "diff" command can be run in a way that creates such a delta.

I recall that Microsoft Word stored previous edits of the document
within the document. One day an irate employee wrote a letter to the
boss and started it with "Dear <expletive deleted>," but before
e-mailing the letter changed it to Dear Mr. <Name>. Unfortunately, the
boss opened the letter in a different program and could see all the
edits. This did not go well for Microsoft.