[scribus] Various Symbol Lookup Error

Khadis Thok refinemyself at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 15:53:53 UTC 2013

Dear all,
I am a new PCLinuxOS user and I've just installed Scribus. But like
other newbies, I got a problem in launching Scribus after installing
it. I keep getting "scribus: symbol lookup error: scribus: undefined
symbol: _ZNK12QRadioButton15minimumSizeHintEv" whenever I launch it
through my terminal.
I've tried to  uninstall and re-install it (both through synaptic and
also terminal), but no changes. I also experienced another error when
I uninstalled Scribus. The error message was: "while preparing for the
installation: I/O warning: failed to load external entity:
"/usr/share/mime/packages/java.xml".
I've tried to look for the answer in FAQ, local mailing list, IRC, but
no response yet. There must be something wrong and I want to know how
to overcome my problem. If it's possible, I want to know a
clear-simple and working step by step installation guide. Thanks in
advance.

Regards,
Khadis