[scribus] reading pub and idd files

"Christoph Schäfer" christoph-schaefer at gmx.de
Tue Apr 16 05:48:56 UTC 2013

> Gesendet: Dienstag, 16. April 2013 um 01:42 Uhr
> Von: "Teodor-Toma Silvestru Muntean" <teodomas at yahoo.com>
> Betreff: Re: [scribus] reading pub and idd files
>
> I have InDesign cs 4, is to old for this ?
> I don't know what files I need to create to be good for investigate, but I think somebody explain me this.
> May be is important, my InDesign is on MacG4 PowerPC.

I have CS 2 and CS 3, as well as, I think, version 1.0 (the one that was released with PS 6 -- I'd need to find the CD and install it in a VM) for Windows.

As with Publisher and CorelDraw, I think the RE team wants files from all versions, so CS 4 won't be too old. If Alexandre could tell us about a location to upload test files, we could start with simple files (no content, just document layouts) and then work our way up the ladder in terms of complexity and features. Once there is some visible content, the test files could be accompanied by PDFs that show how a file is supposed to look.

Christoph