[scribus] Fix for missing images when reloading a file

Erich Dollansky erich.lists at ovitrap.com
Sun Sep 30 01:21:03 UTC 2012

Hi,

scribus 1.4.1 has the problem of not being able to load images with a
link in the path.

I made a very basic program which solves this problem. The program
fixes the paths in the sla files. You have to run it every time after
you have saved a file with scribus.

Usage:

FixPath FileName

FixPath creates a backup file before changing the original file.

The program is a real hack but it works for me. If it does not work for
you, send me your sla file and I will try to fix it. Of course, if you
find a fix, please publish the new source.

The files:

http://www.alogreentechnologies.com/scribus/build
http://www.alogreentechnologies.com/scribus/dev
http://www.alogreentechnologies.com/scribus/ed.def
http://www.alogreentechnologies.com/scribus/FixPath.cpp
http://www.alogreentechnologies.com/scribus/FixPath.make
http://www.alogreentechnologies.com/scribus/Globals.h

Remarks:

Set tab width to 3 for proper formatting.

You must create two directories in the place where you store these
file: Inter and Run. Inter and Run are used to store the object and
executables.

build
=====

Builds FixPath.

dev
===

Sets up the development environment. Run before compiling.

You must adjust the paths according to your environment.

ed.def
======

This file is included by FixPath.cpp. It contains many macros we always
use.

FixPath.cpp
===========

The source file. The source was tested on FreeBSD 10.0.

FixPath.make

The make file. You can run it directly without using build.

Globals.h
=========

Some global definitions.

Please keep in mind the this is a real hack just done to get a solution
I needed. Keep always backups of the files this program processes.

Erich