[scribus] automate PDF pre-flight checks?

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Sun Sep 30 21:18:49 UTC 2012

On 09/29/2012 08:51 AM, Aisha S. Azim wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm really glad for this project! I have a couple of questions.
> 1. Is it possible to import PDF files to scribus and then
> automatepre-flight checks for them?
You can't import PDF files to Scribus in a way that preflight checking
is going to be helpful. In older versions you had to import as a bitmap
file into an image frame. In 1.5.0, you can import the PDF as a vector
image.
> 2. Is UTF-8 supported for right to left languages like Arabic and Hebrew?

I'm not quite sure where we stand on the accuracy of the results at this
time.

Greg