[scribus] copy of style

Andreas Hünnebeck andi at huennebeck-online.de
Fri Nov 30 09:01:24 UTC 2012

Hello a.l.e,

you wrote:

> hi török,
>
> >     Q: I saw that my used paragraph styles had been multiplied.
> >
> >     A: this was a well known problem and ... it's solved in the
> >
> > current version.
> >

> > OK. So that is not for an incorrect set up.
> >
> >     Just install 1.4.1...  it should work there.
> >
> > In my favourite Linux distros there is no package form 1.4.1, and it
> > is almost impossible to install correctly from source, because of the
> > dependencies. So I have to use 1.4.1 from wine, or find a live distro
> > with 1.4.1.
>
> well, what's about re-thinking what your favorite distros should provide
> you in order to be your favorite?
>
> a/ up to date scribus package
> b/ making it easy to compile scribus
>
> just a hint: debian testing and ubuntu provide both.

I use the newest (AFAIK) version which came with the newest Kubuntu 12.10.
The splash screen at startup says '1.4.0' and when I click on 'Help -> About
Scribus' it says '1.4.1.svn - 6 February 2012'. This version still has the
described 'copy'-problem.

bye
Andreas
Andreas Hünnebeck | email: andi at huennebeck-online.de
----- privat ---- | www  : http://www.huennebeck-online.de
Fax/Anrufbeantworter: +49 (32 12) 1 26 24 06
PGP-Key: http://www.huennebeck-online.de/public_keys/pgp_andreas.asc
GPG-Key: http://www.huennebeck-online.de/public_keys/andreas.asc