[scribus] copy of style

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Tue Nov 27 07:30:09 UTC 2012

hi török,
>     Q: I saw that my used paragraph styles had been multiplied.
>
>     A: this was a well known problem and ... it's solved in the
> current version.
>

> OK. So that is not for an incorrect set up.
>
>     Just install 1.4.1...  it should work there.
>

> In my favourite Linux distros there is no package form 1.4.1, and it
> is almost impossible to install correctly from source, because of the
> dependencies. So I have to use 1.4.1 from wine, or find a live distro
> with 1.4.1.

well, what's about re-thinking what your favorite distros should provide
you in order to be your favorite?

a/ up to date scribus package
b/ making it easy to compile scribus

just a hint: debian testing and ubuntu provide both.
as far i can tell fedora is pretty friendly, too.

and before going for wine or a live distro, you could try to install
debian testing or ubuntu (with the scribus own repository) in a virtual
machine...

have fun
a.l.e