[scribus] Build Version Ascertainable?

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Sun Nov 11 22:27:12 UTC 2012

> On 11/11/2012 04:41 AM, ale rimoldi wrote:
>> hi john,
>>
>>> I've been building Scribus from the high watermark of SVN (1.5) and
>>> need to determine what version my currently running edition is
>>> from.
>>> Using Help-About does not provide me the Subversion version and
>>> gives
>>> me a date of "1 August 2012" when my system notes I built it
>>> 18:33:17
>>> 09/10/12 PDT.
>>>
>>> Is the Subversion version which Scribus is built from ascertainable
>>> from a running instance?  If not, is there a file is the staged
>>> tree
>>> that might reflect it?  I built Scribus using Gentoo's portage
>>> facility which basically pulls whatever is HEAD at the time I
>>> update.  In this case, I think I last successfully built on
>>> 18:33:17
>>> 09/10/12 PDT.  I'm going to go look at the Subversion repository (I
>>> hope there is a websvn (http://websvn.tigris.org/) interface) and
>>> determine what version was HEAD around that time.
>>>
>>> It seems to me having a Subversion version and date included in the
>>> About box might be helpful.
>>
>> this has been discussed a few times already, but (afaik) nobody
>> brought
>> a usable solution.
>>
>> another useful feature, would be to add the git branch, for the ones
>> who compile from gif.
>>

> if you run 'svn info', you can get something like this:

> Repository Root: svn://scribus.net
> Repository UUID: 11d20701-8431-0410-a711-e3c959e3b870
> Revision: 17869
> Node Kind: directory
> Schedule: normal
> Last Changed Author: jghali
> Last Changed Rev: 17867
> Last Changed Date: 2012-11-10 09:50:34 -0500 (Sat, 10 Nov 2012)
>
> so if someone is using svn, this might be the quickest way.

Again if you are using svn, having extracted the information fron 'svn
info,' go to (at the moment)line 119 of about.cpp and amend that and
the preceding 2 lines;

        QString BUILD_DAY = "11";
        QString BUILD_MONTH = CommonStrings::november;
        QString BUILD_YEAR = "2012";
and line 122
        QString BUILD_NAME = "17867";

That will take all of about 30 seconds, and give you this;
http://members.pcug.org.au/~rcook/images/aboutScribus.png

--
Owen