[scribus] eBooks on Scribus

wena-parry at talktalk.net wena-parry at talktalk.net
Fri Nov 2 11:04:46 UTC 2012

I used Sigil 0.6.0 last night for the first time, it was very easy to
use. I didn’t push it very much, I wanted to find out what it could do
-- was very happy at the result.

Using an Open Office file, it would restrict my workflow.
My normal practice is to edit a text file in Open Office then import
that into my A5 template in Scribus.  After a little tide up and
placing any graphics – that is the basics of the book. I then send a
PDF copy of the layout to the author and proof reader for the final
approval and further edit if need be.

It is only at this stage would I wont to make some e book available to
any one. That would be the layout I wont to use.

Some time ago it had been suggested on this forum that it might be
possible to export a finished work as I have described above back to
Oo.

That would be a great advantage.

Wena