[scribus] eBooks on Scribus

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Fri Nov 2 06:22:26 UTC 2012

hi vlada

> > I do think it's worthwhile for Scribus to be able to either export
> > an ePub of some quality, as long as it's easy, or perhaps have some
> > way of collecting the materials from an SLA file for reassembly as
> > an eBook.
>
> Agreed. I'd like an easy way to tear out some kind of collection from
> resources used to produce print ready PDFs. Scribus doesn't need to
> be full-featured ePub editor; there are plenty of supposedly good
> ones. And these are evolving rapidly. Take a look at
> http://libregraphicsworld.org/blog/entry/hands-on-review-of-sigil-0.6.0-free-epub-editor
> for yesterday's review of one.
>
> Scribus could and should make your life easier though. I believe it's
> exactly the direction of a-l-e's work so far. Feel free to correct
> me, a-l-e.

you're perfectly right, vlada!

the goal, for the plugin i'm creating, is to produce an epub
file containing  the content you've put in a .sla.

the plugin tries to keep the order of the text and pictures, keeps the
meaningful formatting (bold, italics, style names ...) and resizes the
images to something usable on a ereader's screen.

the created epub file is usable as is, but you should use a tool like
sigil to make it nicer.

ciao
a.l.e