[scribus] scribus-ng 1.5 not in Debian repository

Olivier BERTEN olivier.berten at gmail.com
Fri May 25 10:15:16 UTC 2012

There is indeed a mistake on the
<http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Debian#The_Scribus_Archive> page for
describing scribus-ng as Scribus 1.5.x...

scribus-ng was useful during that period while 1.4 was better than 1.3.x
but not stable enough  to be called stable. But I think the working
process is different now so I think scribus-ng should disappear (at
least temporarely) from the repositories and the doc. It's a bit strange
to have a "new generation" version that's older than the stable one...

By the way, if you want prebuild debian packages of the 1.5 version, you
can use the ppa : <https://launchpad.net/~scribus/+archive/ppa> where
the package is called scribus-trunk.

Yours,

Olivier