[scribus] scribus-ng 1.5 not in Debian repository

Keith Abraham kabraham at gmx.com
Fri May 25 08:46:48 UTC 2012

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 6:45 PM, Keith Abraham <kabraham at gmx.com

> /> According to http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Debian scribus-ng is
/>/> supposed to be at version 1.5 in the Debian repositories.
/>/>
/>/> This appears to be untrue as scribus-ng remains at 1.4.0 in testing and
/>/> unstable repositories and at 1.3.5 in stable. Plainly both of these are
/>/> older than the present stable version and cannot be called dev
versions.
/>/>
/>/> Any idea why scribus-ng is not at version 1.5 in these repositories?
/>>/
/>/> Keith/

> I'd bet that is Debian's fault and responsibility to update their
> repository. Once Scribus supplies the updated code it's out of
> Scribus' hands.

> John Ghormley KJ4UFG Editor, SERA *Repeater Journal* Walkertown, NC
> USA editor at sera.org

I'm not so sure about that.
I know Debain can be slow in getting software into their repositories
but earlier this month I pointed out on these lists that Scribus 1.4.1
wasn't in the Debian repositories.

A few days later it appeared in the repositories. I can't remember the
exact details of what happened but I know I thanked Alex who normally
updates the repositories.

I can wait but those who read the Scribus's Debian wiki page are being
misinformed.

Also I'm not sure whether:

http://debian.scribus.net/debian/
or
http://debian.tagancha.org/debian/

are actually Debian repositories or Scribus's own. Anyone know?

Regards

Keith

Keith