[scribus] scribus-ng 1.5 not in Debian repository

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Fri May 25 08:50:05 UTC 2012

hi
> I'd bet that is Debian's fault and responsibility to update their
> repository.  Once Scribus supplies the updated code it's out of Scribus'
> hands.
>
> John Ghormley  KJ4UFG
> Editor, SERA *Repeater Journal*
> Walkertown, NC  USA
> editor at sera.org
>

> On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 6:45 PM, Keith Abraham<kabraham at gmx.com>  wrote:
>
>> According to http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Debian scribus-ng is
>> supposed to be at version 1.5 in the Debian repositories.
>>
>> This appears to be untrue as scribus-ng remains at 1.4.0 in testing and
>> unstable repositories and at 1.3.5 in stable. Plainly both of these are
>> older than the present stable version and cannot be called dev versions.
>>
>> Any idea why scribus-ng is not at version 1.5 in these repositories?

no, afaik, it's on purpose. there is no release in the development
branch 1.5.x, yet.

imo, 1.5.0 should be released as soon as the undo for text is ported to
the 1.5svn branch (and this will very likely happen in the next couple
of months thanks to the GSOC by chelen):
until that point 1.5svn is -- in my eyes -- to be considered inferior to
1.4.1 and not stable enough to be used by a wider public.

ciao
a.l.e