[scribus] Limit to number of layers?

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Sat Mar 31 20:13:23 UTC 2012

hi catd,

> On Mar 30, 2012, at 2:11 AM, Peter Nermander wrote:
>
> > Well, it may be as simple as that, but really, does anybody create a
> > layer because they need a layer? Aren't layers created because they
> > are needed to accomplish a function?
> >
> > Doing things "because that's how I always have done it" is not a
> > good argument.
> >
> > I am trying to understand, to learn. If you don't want to teach me,
> > fine. Just stop responding to my questions.
>

> This is simply not helpful or forward-moving. I feel that the answers
> to "why use layers" are thoroughly contained in the earlier
> discussion in this thread and what faces those new to Layers usage is
> to brew a tasty cup of tea or coffee, sit down with Scribus, and
> practice using Layers using the scenarios described by others.

if you have a bit of spare time, you may want to have look at the
discussions about why layers are a bad solution for what you're
doing :-)

(keyword hint: node editing)

... but, sadly enough, layer are the only available workaround that is
available to the broad public!

so, since the alternatives are lacking, it's imo ok to use layers for
it, but it would be wonderful if somebody would specify a better way of
working!

how can we branch the work in a dtp workflow?
a hard question...

have a nice weekend
a.l.e