[scribus] External manipulation of a Scribus template

Aleksander Kujbida akujbida at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 17:43:13 UTC 2012

Thanks, a.l.e, it's a possible solution. It does require putting Scribus on
everyone's desktop, though.

What I'm really hoping for is a way to open a Scribus template from an
external program, one that does not have a graphical interface (we will
provide that elsewhere), and the scripting in Scribus looks like it only
works from within Scribus.

Perhaps I'm not reading it correctly.

We are quite happy to pay for services, and for some of our requirements,
prefer to do so than go through a painful learning curve. We need now only
to determine what we can achieve, and what constraints are applicable to
our objectives.

Regards,
Aleksander