[scribus] PDF X/1-A:2001

john Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Wed Jun 20 12:37:18 UTC 2012

On Tue, 19 Jun 2012 08:23:00 +0200
Johan Vromans <jvromans at squirrel.nl> wrote:

> ale rimoldi <ale.comp_06 at xox.ch> writes:
>
> > here, you're asking them to spend relatively lot of time to backport
> > to 1.4 a feature instead of getting them to put all their efforts in
> > getting a 1.6 out as fast as possible!
>
> Please do not misunderstand me (or: Sorry if I didn't express myself
> more clearly). My intention was to point out the need for PDF
> X/1-A:2001 and if 1.6 would still be far away I'd propose considering
> to backport this to 1.4. Given the current planning it is probably
> better to wait for 1.6.
>
> > if you want, you can help to get a wonderful 1.6 out, soon!
>
> All I can do is use the development version for all projects (well,
> the non-critical ones) to test it as much as possible.
>
> -- Johan

I have been asking for this backport for a long time now. I use
1.5.0 now for converting sla files to PDF X/1-a:2001. But for
Windows users especially access to 1.5.0 is not easy.

All the other new features of 1.5.0 are nice to have, but not
critical IMO.
--
John Culleton
Free list of books for self-publishers: