[scribus] PDF X/1-A:2001

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Tue Jun 19 07:08:14 UTC 2012

hi johan,
> ale rimoldi<ale.comp_06 at xox.ch>  writes:
>
>> here, you're asking them to spend relatively lot of time to backport
>> to 1.4 a feature instead of getting them to put all their efforts in
>> getting a 1.6 out as fast as possible!
> Please do not misunderstand me (or: Sorry if I didn't express myself
> more clearly). My intention was to point out the need for PDF X/1-A:2001
> and if 1.6 would still be far away I'd propose considering to backport
> this to 1.4. Given the current planning it is probably better to wait
> for 1.6.
>
>> if you want, you can help to get a wonderful 1.6 out, soon!
> All I can do is use the development version for all projects (well, the
> non-critical ones) to test it as much as possible.

yep, that helps the project!

just be careful with 1.5svn for now.
it's possible to work with it (and it is fun!), but it has several loose
ends that make productive work hard, at least in some cases.
i'm using it for most of the work i don't have to share with other
people, but i'm not sure that i would suggest other people to do the
same :-)

i really hope that my reccommendation will be different in two months :-)

have a nice day
a.l.e