[scribus] a new ebook

Patrick Noffke patrick.noffke at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 16:14:53 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 9:29 AM, ale rimoldi <ale.comp_06 at xox.ch> wrote:

> hi
>
> > Peter Nermander <peter at nermander.se> writes:
> >
> > > My fear is that introducing such a feature will increase the amount
> > > of requests to adopt Scribus for ebook creation, and that will in
> > > turn take developer resources from features that are more important.
> >
> > Exactly.
>
> please, tell me what i should do instead...
>
> ciao
> a.l.e

I'm curious, are you going to handle color management issues in your epub
export, and if so, how?  This is especially an issue if a user is working
with CMYK colors or images.  Assuming they assign a profile (output
intent), the colors will get converted to the printable gamut (to L*a*b*
and then to RGB), which is less than the gamut of RGB.  Some profiles will
have a bigger gamut, but still not quite as big as you can get with RGB.

This is not just an issue for Scribus.  I'm curious if/how any of the
e-reader exporters handle this problem.

Thanks,
Patrick