[scribus] interest in new tutorial?

Peter Nermander peter at nermander.se
Thu Jan 26 06:28:04 UTC 2012

I think it could be a good idea to spend some more thought on a new
tutorial. (Of course there is nothing stopping someone from updating
the old tutorial too.)

First of all I think there should be a discussion on the priority of
what features of Scribus to show. One thing I think is important is to
show the use of styles, now that we have character styles. Also the
tutorial should promote "good workflow" (I must confess I haven't read
the old tutorial, maybe it already does?).

Then maybe even split the tutorial into several parts. A beginner part
and a few deeper parts.

And of course the tutorial can be made from completely new content. On
for example Flickr you can search for pictures with different creative
commons licenses, so there would be no big problem finding new images
to use. As for the text, why not use part of an old text from Project
Gutenberg? (I could even imagine basing a fictional newspaper on the
contents a few old books. I think for example a lot of the Sherlock
Holmes stories could be suitable, maybe some of the Jules Verne
stories too?)

/Peter