[scribus] interest in new tutorial?

Christen Anderson christenanderson1994 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 06:34:18 UTC 2012

On 1/25/2012 11:28 PM, Peter Nermander wrote:
> I think it could be a good idea to spend some more thought on a new
> tutorial. (Of course there is nothing stopping someone from updating
> the old tutorial too.)
>
> First of all I think there should be a discussion on the priority of
> what features of Scribus to show. One thing I think is important is to
> show the use of styles, now that we have character styles. Also the
> tutorial should promote "good workflow" (I must confess I haven't read
> the old tutorial, maybe it already does?).

But....at least in my experience, there are several different possible
definitions of a good workflow. Maybe some of the long-term, very
experienced scribus users would like to comment on this?
> Then maybe even split the tutorial into several parts. A beginner part
> and a few deeper parts.

maybe have several smaller "mini-tutorials" instead of a long one? the
old tutorial was almost intimidating, imo, simply because of its length....
> And of course the tutorial can be made from completely new content. On
> for example Flickr you can search for pictures with different creative
> commons licenses, so there would be no big problem finding new images
> to use. As for the text, why not use part of an old text from Project
> Gutenberg? (I could even imagine basing a fictional newspaper on the
> contents a few old books. I think for example a lot of the Sherlock
> Holmes stories could be suitable, maybe some of the Jules Verne
> stories too?)
>
> /Peter

~Christen