[scribus] issue with Scribus' justification (WAS: move pages to new doc)

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Fri Jan 20 15:36:28 UTC 2012

hi

> > All these setting combined in Indesign...
> >
> > ie. Glyph scaling: min 97% max 103%
> > Kerning: min 90% max 110% etc.
> >
> > allowed for perfect justification with very few to no large gaps.

only after reading greg's post i recognized where the problem is...

... since i've made the big step into scribus at the time pagemaker was
one of the two standards, i've learned to do it the manual way: when
i spot a paragraph which does not flow well, i select it and play with
the glyph's scaling and kerning until i've achieved a reflow which gives
a better result.

if this does not make things better, i usually try to scale the glyphs
for one single (mostly long) word.

if it's still bad enough for me to care about it, i would try to change
some hyphenations and restart with the first step...

i understand that having the software doing it automatically is
faster!
so: i have nothing against seeing this implemented in scribus :-)

have a nice evening
a.l.e