[scribus] Coral draw 12 transfer

john Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Mon Jan 16 18:49:59 UTC 2012

On Mon, 16 Jan 2012 18:45:23 +0000
wbotha63 at gmail.com wrote:

> Hi all, my wife is working on our own local community newspaper at
> home with coral draw 12. She has no design training or experience,
> but she is doing it for the last 6 month's. Many headaches later I
> started to google and came across Scribus. My question is how do I
> transfer files or pages from coral to scribus ? If I want to open a
> paper that was design in coral, scribus don't want to open it. Please
> help. Thanx Willie Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your
> email find you!
>
> ___
> Edit your options or unsubscribe:
> See also:
> http://wiki.scribus.net
> http://forums.scribus.net

Scribus doesn't import from other design programs. But you can
try two paths: Save the file as .eps, split it into single pages
import them into a scribus document of the right dimensions and
page count one page at a time.

Or you can convert the Coral doc to pdf, view that in Acroread,
and save the document as text, import that into a Scribus doc
with sufficient pages and linked frames. That is what I would do.

--
John Culleton
Free list of books for self-publishers:

"Create Book Covers with Scribus"