[scribus] Locking images?

Louis Desjardins louis.desjardins at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 16:33:46 UTC 2012

2012/1/11 ale rimoldi <ale.comp_06 at xox.ch>

> On Tue, 10 Jan 2012 10:33:06 -0500
> Gregory Pittman <gregp_ky at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > On 01/10/2012 09:27 AM, Gregory Pittman wrote:
> >

> > > What I meant was that, even with some sort of anchoring mechanism, I
> > > think you will likely need to tweak anyway. Most of us (I think) are
> > > very particular about the appearance and positioning of the graphics
> > > relative to text, so I just tried to envision how I might get some
> > > automated way to maintain that, and I can't envision that I would be
> > > satisfied.
> > >

> > I've tried out this inline graphics concept, and to me it's very
> > unsatisfactory for any sizeable image. There is no way to manage text
> > flow except manually.
>
> indeed, i also think that inline images are thought for small images
> you would put in your text as if they where glyphs...
>
> afaict, cezary is working on anchors amongs frames, so it may well be
> that in the near future we will have a way to "dynamically" place
> images.
>
> a "dangerous" think as greg says, but if you use it well, it can be a
> wonderful feature!

Imagine a catalog, with dozens of images  surrounded with descriptive text
with a rather complex formatting (headers, subheaders, description, value,
etc). You'd want eveything to move at once, text and images, when you
insert a new entry — provided the layout is structured in a way that all
entries are based on the same model.

That would be wonderful, yes!

Louis