[scribus] Locking images?

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Wed Jan 11 16:22:56 UTC 2012

On Tue, 10 Jan 2012 10:33:06 -0500
Gregory Pittman <gregp_ky at yahoo.com> wrote:

> On 01/10/2012 09:27 AM, Gregory Pittman wrote:
>

> > What I meant was that, even with some sort of anchoring mechanism, I
> > think you will likely need to tweak anyway. Most of us (I think) are
> > very particular about the appearance and positioning of the graphics
> > relative to text, so I just tried to envision how I might get some
> > automated way to maintain that, and I can't envision that I would be
> > satisfied.
> >

> I've tried out this inline graphics concept, and to me it's very
> unsatisfactory for any sizeable image. There is no way to manage text
> flow except manually.

indeed, i also think that inline images are thought for small images
you would put in your text as if they where glyphs...

afaict, cezary is working on anchors amongs frames, so it may well be
that in the near future we will have a way to "dynamically" place
images.

a "dangerous" think as greg says, but if you use it well, it can be a
wonderful feature!

ciao
a.l.e