[scribus] Locking images?

Louis Desjardins louis.desjardins at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 12:43:01 UTC 2012

Le 10 janv. 2012 02:55, "Ian "Witty" Whitfield" <editor at federalsaints.net>
a écrit :

> On 09/01/2012 14:00, John Jason Jordan wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, 08 Jan 2012 17:26:37 +0200
>> "Ian \"Witty\" Whitfield"<editor at federalsaints.net>  dijo:

>> I think you're looking for inline graphics. To accomplish this copy the
>>
>> graphic to the clipboard, then insert the cursor in the text where you
>> want the graphic, and paste it in. You have to do this in the frame in
>> canvas view. It doesn't work if you use the story editor.
>

> Thanks John - I tried what you said but it did not work.... Maybe I'm not
understanding your reply??

> I copied an image to the Clipboard (with Dolphin), and then positioned my
cursor in the document and pasted it there, (ctrl-V),  but that only
inserts the path and name of the file.... not the image itself! Your reply
seems to suggest however that you CAN do this so I must be misunderstanding
your instructions, sorry - can you clarify please?

The missing info is this:
Copy the frame with the image to the clipboard. Then position your cursor
where you need the image in the text. Then paste.

Louis

> I wonder also why you, Greg, suggest this is not what DTP programs should
do? I consider this to be very fundamental to preparation and layout of a
publication!! I know it would make my life a hell of a lot easier with what
I do and I'm very happy to just have to 'tweak' the position here and there
on my final proofing.