[scribus] Locking images?

Ian "Witty" Whitfield editor at federalsaints.net
Tue Jan 10 07:55:04 UTC 2012

On 09/01/2012 14:00, John Jason Jordan wrote:
> On Sun, 08 Jan 2012 17:26:37 +0200
> "Ian \"Witty\" Whitfield"<editor at federalsaints.net>  dijo:
>> >Is it possible to 'Lock' an image to a particular area of text so that
>> >when you add more text above the image it will move down the document
>> >with its related text? (in other programs this is the 'Anchor'
>> >property)
> I think you're looking for inline graphics. To accomplish this copy the
> graphic to the clipboard, then insert the cursor in the text where you
> want the graphic, and paste it in. You have to do this in the frame in
> canvas view. It doesn't work if you use the story editor.

Thanks John - I tried what you said but it did not work.... Maybe I'm
not understanding your reply??

I copied an image to the Clipboard (with Dolphin), and then positioned
my cursor in the document and pasted it there, (ctrl-V),  but that only
inserts the path and name of the file.... not the image itself! Your
reply seems to suggest however that you CAN do this so I must be
misunderstanding your instructions, sorry - can you clarify please?

I wonder also why you, Greg, suggest this is not what DTP programs
should do? I consider this to be very fundamental to preparation and
layout of a publication!! I know it would make my life a hell of a lot
easier with what I do and I'm very happy to just have to 'tweak' the
position here and there on my final proofing.

Thanks guys!!

Ian Whitfield
Pretoria