[scribus] Locking images?

Peter Nermander peter at nermander.se
Tue Jan 10 12:08:04 UTC 2012

> I wonder also why you, Greg, suggest this is not what DTP programs
> should do? I consider this to be very fundamental to preparation and
> layout of a publication!! I know it would make my life a hell of a lot
> easier with what I do and I'm very happy to just have to 'tweak' the
> position here and there on my final proofing.

What Greg means is that Scribus is a Page Layout program. That means
you use it to place (lay out) content on pages. Then you do not want
content to move without you explicitly moving it.

What you are asking for is more what a Word Processing program would
to. Why not try Writer? I bet it does all what you want, and also
exports to PDF.

/Peter