[scribus] Locking images?

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 10 14:27:48 UTC 2012

On 01/10/2012 07:08 AM, Peter Nermander wrote:
>> I wonder also why you, Greg, suggest this is not what DTP programs
>> should do? I consider this to be very fundamental to preparation and
>> layout of a publication!! I know it would make my life a hell of a lot
>> easier with what I do and I'm very happy to just have to 'tweak' the
>> position here and there on my final proofing.
>
> What Greg means is that Scribus is a Page Layout program. That means
> you use it to place (lay out) content on pages. Then you do not want
> content to move without you explicitly moving it.
>
> What you are asking for is more what a Word Processing program would
> to. Why not try Writer? I bet it does all what you want, and also
> exports to PDF.

What I meant was that, even with some sort of anchoring mechanism, I
think you will likely need to tweak anyway. Most of us (I think) are
very particular about the appearance and positioning of the graphics
relative to text, so I just tried to envision how I might get some
automated way to maintain that, and I can't envision that I would be
satisfied.

Greg