[scribus] Trouble running Scribus 1.4.0 with IceWM and Rox

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Wed Jan 4 17:56:57 UTC 2012

On Wed, 4 Jan 2012 09:32:56 -0800
Duane G Canaday <sunny51dc at gmail.com> dijo:

>I just installed the new Stable version of Scribus on an Antix M11
>box, its a Pentium 4 about 2 Ghz. ...
>When I open the Storybook editor it starts too high up on the screen
>and I can't get a hold of the top of it to move it down.

I don't know the answer to your problem, but I have a few thoughts.

1) I assume you have the latest stable 1.4.0, released just a
couple days ago. If not, definitely upgrade to it.

2) Can you try a different window manager, or even a different desktop
environment. I would suggest Xfce or Lxde as lightweight desktop
environments. Personally I switched from to Xfce a couple months ago,
after years of Gnome. I have come to like it a lot.

3) Assuming you chose Antix because it is lightweight, you might have
better luck with something like Lubuntu or Xubuntu, since they are more
mainstream.

4) Probably most importantly, check bugs.scribus.net to see if this has
been reported. If not, you should probably file a bug report.