[scribus] Cover Mathematics.

Meho R. mehor at gmx.com
Tue Feb 28 11:39:08 UTC 2012

On Tuesday 28 February 2012 10:52:50 wena-parry at talktalk.net wrote:
> I have two books (Gang Chen and John’s)  on the subject of producing a
> book cover and have failed to work out the document mathematics. That
> is the size of the document  to put the template on.
>
> The measurements on the template is 5.83” X 8.27” with a spine of .273
> for an A5 book.
> I have worked out that the  document needs to be double the 5.83 =
> 11.660 + spine at .273 for the width of the document.
> Making a total of 11.733.  BUT THEY DON'T WORK.
>
> The height is according to the temple 8.27 but none of these gives me
> the same size as the template that I have a Cover Template from LS.
> That is no mistake,  I have downloaded and made assure that it is right.
>
> Wena D. Parry

I'm not sure what exactly the problem is, but here's just a tip: you can use arithmetics directly in Scribus. So, during the document creation process, set "Default Units" to "Inches (In)" (though you can even mix different units), and type:

– in "Width": 5.83+5.83+0.273 (which gives 11.933, not 11.733)
– in "Height": 8.27