[scribus] Cover Mathematics.

wena-parry at talktalk.net wena-parry at talktalk.net
Tue Feb 28 09:52:50 UTC 2012

I have two books (Gang Chen and John’s)  on the subject of producing a
book cover and have failed to work out the document mathematics. That
is the size of the document  to put the template on.

The measurements on the template is 5.83” X 8.27” with a spine of .273
for an A5 book.
I have worked out that the  document needs to be double the 5.83 =
11.660 + spine at .273 for the width of the document.
Making a total of 11.733.  BUT THEY DON'T WORK.

The height is according to the temple 8.27 but none of these gives me
the same size as the template that I have a Cover Template from LS.
That is no mistake,  I have downloaded and made assure that it is right.

Wena D. Parry