[scribus] Scripter 2 examples

JLuc jluc at no-log.org
Mon Dec 10 21:25:32 UTC 2012

Le 10/12/2012 15:29, Gregory Pittman a écrit :
> On 12/09/2012 06:57 PM, JLuc wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I would like to create a script that would read
>> a previously created text file with properly tagged text content
>> and create out of it a scribus file, with proper formating according to
>> tags,
>> using predefined layout and styles.

> While I guess you will be able to do this eventually, I'm not sure I see
> the sense, when this is already built-in to Scribus, so that you can
> place tags in your text files, and have a scheme for applying styles.
Do you mean importing a file with tags at the begining of each paragraphe ?
In such a way, Scribus can only read paragraph style.
I need character styles to be applied on parts of each paragraph.

> Having said this, I can imagine the utility of having a script that does
> this tag set up for you, but again, commands need to be created for that
> purpose as well.

I shall create the taged txt file from a distant mysql databse, using php.

> A while ago I was trying to find a way to load CSV files with Scripter,
It's a simple taged file and possible taged file format
for this purpose.

> What I would like to see eventually is a description of how to create
> new commands for Scripter 2, since this was supposed to be one of the
> benefits of the new Scripter.
That'd be an interesting par of the documentation,
but documenting how to use existing commands is probably a good start too :-)

JLuc