[scribus] Scripter 2 examples

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Mon Dec 10 14:29:49 UTC 2012

On 12/09/2012 06:57 PM, JLuc wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to create a script that would read
> a previously created text file with properly tagged text content
> and create out of it a scribus file, with proper formating according to
> tags,
> using predefined layout and styles.

While I guess you will be able to do this eventually, I'm not sure I see
the sense, when this is already built-in to Scribus, so that you can
place tags in your text files, and have a scheme for applying styles.
Having said this, I can imagine the utility of having a script that does
this tag set up for you, but again, commands need to be created for that
purpose as well.

A while ago I was trying to find a way to load CSV files with Scripter,
but this doesn't seem possible either. I ended up creating a template
with styles, so that I could apply them after loading the CSV file. One
disappointment was that, even when I have a style created and applied to
a frame, importing a CSV creates a new style, and there are no settings
to make for that, so it's generic and not good for my purpose.

What I would like to see eventually is a description of how to create
new commands for Scripter 2, since this was supposed to be one of the
benefits of the new Scripter.

Greg