[scribus] perfect bound 3mm gutter question/problem?

Louis Desjardins louis.desjardins at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 12:29:59 UTC 2012

2012/4/26 ale rimoldi <ale.comp_06 at xox.ch>

> hi richard
>
> > Thanks for your reply and I believe you understand me correctly. The
> > 6mm is LSI recommendations for bleed, although the actual cutting
> > error/drift over edge is expected to be 2mm. The 3mm inside glueing
> > area now sounds like a potential problem.
> >
> > If I, in turn, understand you correctly, my pages will have 3mm
> > 'lost' from their inside edges, because of the glue. If this is the
> > case, then I should probably have realized this before I started.
> > Every page will be visibly 3mm thinner than planned, and offset
> > slightly.

Right. This is exactly that.

> no, not really... if i understand you correctly. you use the margins as
> you want to see them, and set the bleeds in file > document setup to
> get the extra margins.

Ale, what happens is there is a portion of the actual finished page that
disappears into the binding (3 mm). This is not bleed. It’s within the
page’s limits, not outside them.

I hope you can visualize this with my explanation. Maybe easier to grasp
when you actually see the binding process.

Louis