[scribus] the docs license

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 14:12:14 UTC 2012

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 8:54 PM, Gregory Pittman wrote:

> The small number of comprehensive
> documentation efforts in regard to Scribus is testimony to the difficulty of
> actually sitting down and getting the job done.

Really? Just that? :)

> I'm more than happy to
> contribute documentation to the Scribus project and get nothing in return,
> but this wouldn't be the case if someone were siphoning off my work and
> making money from it. I don't do this for my own monetary benefit, and
> certainly not for someone else's.

There is no huge market in DTP books. "InDesign CS5" vs. "Photoshop
CS5" gives 272 vs. 1,067 results on Amazon.

And let's be honest. People who modify and repackage free software are
any successful only because we suck at marketing.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org