[scribus] the docs - a personal perspective

Craig Bradney cbradney at scribus.info
Wed Apr 11 16:35:24 UTC 2012

> With the variability in how the various distros seem to be handling the docs, it might make sense to
> have current versions of the docs available for separate download in some sort of browsable format.
> Another argument for doing this is that there are typically a number of edits and additions to the
> docs in svn, which Windows and OSX users will not see until the next stable comes out.

Given this discussion, I am actually considering enabling Scribus to either downloaded updated docs
via a zip format (which get created from SVN on their own release schedule), or directly from SVN..
though right now I am working on the hunspell-based spell checker.. .. which for a few hours of work
now does this with some randomly created speeling mistooks:

"3 May. Bistritz.--Left Munich at 8:35 P.M., on 1st May, arriving at Vienna early next morning;
should have arrived at 6:46, but train was an hour late. Buda-Pesth seems a wonderfl plasce, from
the glimpse which I got of it from the train and the little I could walk thrugh the streets. I
fearred to go very far from the station, as we had arrived late and would start as near the corect
time as possible."

"wonderfl"
Suggestion  0 : wonderful
Suggestion  1 : wonder fl