[scribus] Where do I set the line spacing?

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Mon Apr 9 03:21:25 UTC 2012

> Hi,
>
> I know this has to be obvious if I can find the right place to look,
> but I'm
> not finding it in the obvious places. I'm putting a 60 point headline
> across
> a 5' wide poster. I put the text frame there. I copy in the text,
> adjust the
> font for type and size. Scribus spaces the lines so the type badly
> overlaps.
>
> In Document Setup I have automatic line spacing set at 20% - which has
> to be
> line height plus that, right? Where do I go to adjust the line spacing
> here?

Properties->Text->Set to Fixed Line spacing and adjust to suit
(probably 65 pt will do you)

> Also, why am I seeing only 12 color choices for text? Scribus can't
> really
> be this incapable, is it? How do I surface the capabilities so I can
> use
> them. I've done a lot of PageMaker and Quark work in years past, and
> as I
> said have used Scribus before too ... is the 1.4.0 version just trash?
> Do I
> need to build it custom to get it to have a normal depth of DTP
> features?
> I'm running the Scribus-provided Ubuntu version here.

Your choices are;

1. Add a color to the palette, Edit->Colours->New  or
2. Start Scribus, and before you open a document, Edit->Colors and
select from one of the many palettes, I suspect you have the simple
palette

Also not there is a Scribus manual, Help->Manual. If it is not there,
check your Synaptic, search scrobus and look for the doco

 --
Owen