[scribus] use of "Hand" causes Scribus to flip out

Cat catsoul at thinkplan.org
Wed Apr 4 17:05:55 UTC 2012

On Apr 4, 2012, at 9:23 AM, ale rimoldi wrote:

> but before a dialog can be programmed, we have to know what the "bad"
> action is...

for lack of programmers' language, I'd say the bad behavior in this case is Scribus getting "locked" into a repetition of the blinking arrow combined with being unresponsive.

You are completely correct that, by continuing to press on the space bar, I am giving Scribus the same input which produces the arrow blink.

However, for the *user* to gain productive communication from this, a dialogue box would go much further than the punishment as another said, of a program sitting there, blinking and being un-responsive.

Now that we've had this conversation, I know the error of  my ways. New users are likely to be as confused as I was.

I have nothing more to add to the subject. thank  you for reading!

dcat