[scribus] use of "Hand" causes Scribus to flip out

ale rimoldi a.l.e at xox.ch
Wed Apr 4 16:23:37 UTC 2012

hi dcat

> > What you mean by "spazzing out" might be the effect of a constant
> > toggling of the hand tool when you keep on holding the space bar,
> > which happens here too, but doesn't slow down Scribus.
>
> I intended to add that for me, Scribus is unresponsive while doing
> this arrow blinking things. I also wanted to suggest that something
> better, like a 1-time dialogue box that would say something like "you
> can't do that" with an OK button to dismiss, better than having the
> machine engage in this other behavior..

but before a dialog can be programmed, we have to know what the "bad"
action is...

basically, scribus often goes in "idle" modus when start an action and
stops its "idle" modus when the whole action is over.

since you don't get a "real" error, there does not seem to be a full
action which is slow for you, but it's probably a part of it that in
certain circumstances misbehaves.

since this happens on your computer, and we can't see your monitor, we
can only guess the cause if you give exact details about what happens,
in which contest and at what time scribus get unresponsive.

the best case is when you can give exact steps (with a sample .sla
document) to reproduce the issue.

have a nice evening
a.l.e