[scribus] Three questions and a suggestion

Ian "Witty" Whitfield editor at federalsaints.net
Mon Sep 12 14:56:11 UTC 2011

Hi All

A couple of questions and a suggestion....

1) Up until I changed to version 1.4.x I used to have working 'Hotlinks'
in my 50 page Journal that I publish each month. From 1.4.x onwards
however these no longer work!! I have a feeling that maybe the method of
setting these has changed. Can anyone help with this?

The method I use is...
a) Type in linking text (ie 'Go to page 5')
b) I then use the "Footprint" Icon to draw a box round the text.
c) I then Double-Click this box to set the page I want to jump to.

[NOTE - After I save the .sla as a PDF Document I then use pdftops and
ps2pdf to reduce the size of the file, and I think this is where the
'links' are being disabled although they did not get "lost" in the past]

2) I've read about a Spell Checker that runs in Scribus - where can I
find this and how is it installed?

3) There are one or two Glyphs I use a lot in my publication - Is there
a way of setting a 'Shortcut' to be able to insert these without the
trouble of going to Story Editor>insert Glyphs, select Glyph, Insert,
Close windows, Close SE. ??? Rather a pain for something you use a lot!!

Last of all a suggestion - I tend to edit my document at 120% 'normal
view' but as soon as you go up or down this changes back to 100%. I have
seen people mention this before. Would it not be an idea to have
whatever you set as the view magnification to be the "base value" so
that you can look at the page bigger or smaller but when you return to
"normal view" it is still at whatever you set it to in the beginning??

Thanks - I look forward to the replies.

Ian Whitfield
Pretoria RSA

I'm using Scribus 1.4.0 rc5 on Linux Mint 10 KDE.