[scribus] Render frames

Peter Nermander peter at nermander.se
Sun Sep 11 13:54:58 UTC 2011

> Can someone please tell me what render frames do. Every reference seems to
> refer to Latex.

As far as I understand it:

Render frames is a way to include content (I am not sure about what
formats, but I think at least postscript, pdf and bitmaps are
supported) created (=rendered) by another application "on the fly".

So, instead of exporting from another application and then importing
into Scribus you use a render frame. That way the rendering
application will automatically work with a "page size" equivalent to
the size of the frame and the content will be updated on each print or
PDF export.

Scribus (currently) includes support for LaTeX (typsetting), Lilypond
(musical scores), GnuPlot (mathematical graphs) and a few more.

http://docs.scribus.net/index.php?lang=en&page=renderframes

/Peter