[scribus] A5 to A4 PDF export / convert

JLuc jluc at no-log.org
Sun Oct 30 09:19:29 UTC 2011

Hello,

I got to print a A5 book on my brother laser printer :
when I print it using the very clever 'booklet' option, it's printed as a booklet of reduced pages...
since the option is intended to booklet print 2 A4 pages on single A4 page.

Printing a booklet with correctly sized pages would require
- either to do the imposition PDFly before printing. That has been discussed here, but is not a light process.
- or to produce a A4 PDF with each A5 page (thus on a 141% scale) first, that would then print A5
through the booklet option of the printer driver.
I didnt find any such scale option in Scribus PDF export however,
but maybe there are simple tools to achieve this ?

JLuc