[scribus] A5 news sheet?

john Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Mon Oct 31 12:54:34 UTC 2011

On Mon, 31 Oct 2011 10:02:26 +0100
Peter Nermander <peter at nermander.se> wrote:

> > I find the PSUtils package handy for imposition work. For some
> > years I imposed 8.5 x 11 hymns on 11 x 17 to make a saddle stitched
> > booklet for use in my church choir.  I will repost my script if
> > there is interest.
>
> I used psutils a lot when I was working with LyX, but it has one big
> (as I see it) disadvantage: It needs postscript as input. Also, to use
> it on Windows I think you need Cygwin.
>
> This makes it a bad choice for most users.
>
> Multivalent is multi platform (since it is written in Java) and works
> with PDF (which users easily can get from Scribus).
>
> /Peter
>
> ___
> Edit your options or unsubscribe:
> See also:
> http://wiki.scribus.net
> http://forums.scribus.net

> Unlimited Disk, Data Transfer, PHP/MySQL Domain Hosting
>               http://www.doteasy.com

Using Ghostscript utilities PDF and PS formats can be interchanged. So
conversion to (or outright production in) Postscript opens the door to
many kinds of manipulation using e.g., PSUtils scripts. And at the end
of the manipulation you can convert back to PDF again.

I see no disadvantage to having a file in PS format for manipulation
purposes. PDF is basically a generalized form of PostScript, with
less programming capabilities built-in. What disadvantage do you see
to having a Postscript file as an intermediate work product?

--
John Culleton
Free list of books for self-publishers:

"Create Book Covers with Scribus"