[scribus] Scribus, Fedora, and SXSW

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Sat Mar 12 06:18:04 CET 2011

On Sat, 2011-03-12 at 04:08 +0000, John Jason Jordan wrote:
> I am confused. Isn't that a Suse repository? From the Scribus wiki I
> find:

It's not - I think he may have a SuSE specific repo too, but the SuSE
builder service does builds for Fedora too. (very awesome)

> RedHat/Fedora - The preferred method is to use the versions from
> mrdocs' repository. This repository includes both i586 and x86_64 RPMs
> for recent versions of Fedora, along with RPMs for Red Hat Enterprise
> Linux. For those who may be mainly familiar with YUM, download the RPM
> of your choice, then as root: rpm -ivh scribus-version-as-chosen.
>
> But the wiki doesn't say how to enable the mrdocs repository in Fedora.
> It is not listed in the standard Fedora repositories so I can't just
> click on it in Yumex. Or have I completely misunderstood the process?

He has a repo file here,

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/mrdocs/Fedora_14/home:mrdocs.repo

You can, as root, wget that repo file into /etc/yum.repos.d and when you
do a yum update it should just work. I'm not familiar with Yumex...
would it be of help to write a little tutorial on setting up his repo on
Fedora?

(I'd be happy to write it..)

~m