[scribus] Scribus, Fedora, and SXSW

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sat Mar 12 05:08:04 CET 2011

On Fri, 11 Mar 2011 22:52:58 -0500
Máirín Duffy <duffy at fedoraproject.org> dijo:

>On Fri, 2011-03-11 at 19:11 +0000, John Jason Jordan wrote:
>> Will you be demonstrating 1.4.0 RC1 on Fedora? If so, did you install
>> it by downloading an RPM, or is it finally in testing-updates?
>
>I have mrdocs' repo set up, right now it's
>scribus-1.4.0.svn16364-.2.1.x86_64.

I am confused. Isn't that a Suse repository? From the Scribus wiki I
find:

RedHat/Fedora - The preferred method is to use the versions from
mrdocs' repository. This repository includes both i586 and x86_64 RPMs
for recent versions of Fedora, along with RPMs for Red Hat Enterprise
Linux. For those who may be mainly familiar with YUM, download the RPM
of your choice, then as root: rpm -ivh scribus-version-as-chosen.

But the wiki doesn't say how to enable the mrdocs repository in Fedora.
It is not listed in the standard Fedora repositories so I can't just
click on it in Yumex. Or have I completely misunderstood the process?