[scribus] Image problems in 1.3.9 - possible bug?...

Lisa Charles lisa at arpctitanium.com
Wed Mar 2 19:27:59 CET 2011

I have been suing Scribus with no problems for a good few months now -
completing our first issue of our magazine in Scribus last month. But I had
to unfortunately abandon it yesterday and use powerpoint to create an online
brochure. My document had images in the background and a text box over part
of the image. The text box backgrounds were filled with white. On two
occasions within a few hours I noticed a flicker on the screen and then
noticed that all the text boxes no longer had a white background and the
text itself was very faint. I tried all sorts, refilling the text box
(Scribus showed it was set to a white background) but no change. Created a
new text box, did the same thing again, but still no change. I couldn't see
any other setting that had changed. In the end I had created a new document
and started again - and then of course half way through completing the
document the same thing happened again, a slight flicker on the screen and
when I scroll through, all the text boxes no longer have a white background
over the background images and the text in the text boxes are very faint.

Please help - has anyone experienced this? I may need to find an alternative
for the next mag issue as I can't afford for this to happen because of tight
deadlines.

Many thanks!
Lisa :)