[scribus] SVG files: can I force a refresh or reload?

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Mon Jun 27 05:49:18 UTC 2011

hi barray

> So, now my first question is, is there a different treatment
> with SVG files, such as that they actually get stored in the
> .sla file and they are not referenced to the original
> directory that they are originally imported from, like
> importing a .png or a .jpg into a frame?

no, you're not loading your svg into a frame but asking scribus to import it into your .sla document.

once it's in, it's a part of the scribus document, just like text is and you can freely edit it.

this has many advantages but leads to some problems, too

> Is there a way that I can get the .sla file to reflect the
> edits to the SVG's text x-pos without deleting them all and
> then spending another hour and half re-opening them and
> positioning them?

export the svg to pdf from your vector drawing application and load the pdf into an image frame.

> (This is not a complaint: if I have to, I have to. But if
> the SVGs are actually stored in the .sla file, unlike other
> graphics formats, then that should probably be identified in
> the wiki and the next edition of the manual, that is, if
> it's not already there somewhere, and I just haven't located
> it...)

please go and edit the wiki :-)
keep on rockin' in the free world!

ciao