[scribus] Resize pointer elusive

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 24 16:51:44 UTC 2011

On 06/24/2011 11:43 AM, a.l.e wrote:
> hi tom,
>
>> I have to try numerous times and "sneak up" on the image or text
>> frame pull point to activate the resize mode of my mouse. Used on the
>> image frame it keeps switching to the select arrow or the move hand.
>> In text boxes it jumps from resize to move, and often moves the text
>> block unintentionally. I don't have this problem when I use the
>> function in other programs. I searched for this problem in the
>> Scribus Wiki, but I'm sure I'm not using the right terminology to get
>> results. I'm using 1.4.Orc5 on Windows Vista, but this problem
>> occurred for me using all the versions for the last three years and
>> when I used Win ME. Any ideas? Thank you. -------------- next part
>
> works correctly (well, not perfect, but correct...) here on debian...
>

> i wonder if it's a windows problem (other may be able to confirm this) or if you're doing something not 100% correctly...

We've seen an issue with the cursor not changing when one wants to
resize a dialog or even Properties. I just tried this out with 1.3.3.14
on XP and saw no problem with frames, as long as they were selected.

Not sure what this "sneak up" is supposed to suggest. My recommendation
would be to never sneak up on a Scribus frame, you know, they have
feelings too. Do you like someone sneaking up on you in the shower,
poking you with a cursor as if your some piece of beef on a barbecue
grill? I think not.

Greg