[scribus] Probable BUG in 1.4.0rc5 involving Groups and levels

Meho R. mehor at gmx.com
Wed Jun 22 17:40:40 UTC 2011

On 22.06.2011 19:16, a.l.e wrote:
> hi mike
>
>> Okay! I've taken time to register, waited for the confirmation email,
>> sworn quietly to myself for several minutes and eventually posted my
>> bug report.
> thanks!
>
>> As it seems very easy to reproduce and is in a version
>> that is on the cusp of becoming 'stable' I have marked it as urgent.
> if it's easy to solve, it should be... but since there won't be many people changing the name of a group...
> so, i'm not sure it's real a urgent bug, one which should block the release of 1.4...
>
> ciao
> a.l.e
>
> __
Now that is exactly the point: if the user renames every text frame,
inside and outside a group, the issue doesn't happen every single time
(it still happens though). But if s/he renames only some of them (or
none of them), then things get messed up. Not only levels get messed up,
but it happens that a text frame becomes a group of its own, leaving the
page blank; sometimes going "up" means going from, e.g., level 3 to 2
(again blank page); sometimes going up or down means disabling a text
frame outside the group, etc., and if you've been working long hours,
and can't get to the idea of ungrouping and sorting levels outside the
group, then this can be really frustrating.