[scribus] Probable BUG in 1.4.0rc5 involving Groups and levels

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Thu Jun 23 06:10:13 UTC 2011

On Wed, 22 Jun 2011 21:32:10 -0600
Mike Sleger <chappa-ai at q.com> wrote:

> > The bug appears by changing the level of an item in a group
> > (whether or not the group has been renamed)
>
> Same thing happens with me.  Keyboard shortcuts won't work for
> changing item level within a group.  Using the menu commands to do so
> corrupts the document.

i wanted to say that the bug is probably fixed in 1.5 (where we have real groups) but i have to confirm that the bug still happens in 1.5

however, in 1.4 working on elements of groups is not really supported, even if it is possible.

for now you should ungroup, edit, regroup.

i don't think that this bug should block the release of 1.4, since most people won't be aware of the fact that one can indeed edit an element of a group.

i suggest that we should fix this in 1.4.1 or even 1.5.

yes, i feel a need to finally see 1.4 released!
and there are only 36 hours in a day...

ciao
a.l.e